Back to articles
Two Bestheim Crémants in the Top 10 at the 2019 Effervescents du Monde world’s best sparkling wines competition
The whole team at the winery is delighted to announce that two Bestheim Crémants are in the Top 10 at the 2019 Effervescents du Monde world’s best sparkling wines competition.
- Crémant d’Alsace Grand Prestige Rosé Vintage 2017
- Crémant d'Alsace Brut Rosé (non-vintage)
The 17thEffervescents du Monde international sparkling wine competition, organised by the Forum Oenologie association, took place on 13, 14 and 15 November 2019 at the Pavillon du Castel, the teenage home of the famous Gustave Eiffel and now the Lycée Le Castel hospitality college in Dijon (Burgundy), France. This event is unique for its scope, procedure and ambition.
An international scope:
- More than 20 countries
- More than 600 wines sampled
- More than 100 expert judges, of which half are tasters from abroad
An exacting procedure:
- Observation of international competition rules
- Guaranteed international competition rating criteria
- Rigorous selection of the panel of expert judges
- Training in methodology from the Institut Paul Bocuse, assessment of each tester
- Faultless organisation, driven by quality: limited number of samples per judging panel, ideal tasting conditions (sensory isolation, pace of tasting…)
- Secure data processing of results by Services Actions Qualité
- To award medals that are exemplary since they are reliable, reflecting each year the watchword of the Effervescents du Monde’s founders: diversity, quality, rigour.
Find our award-wining Bestheim Crémants in one of our three shops in Bennwihr, Kaysersberg and Westhalten, as well as in our online store!
Continuez votre lecture par une dégustation Laissez-vous tenter ...